June 28, 2012

Brown Sugar Salmon with Grilled Asparagus

Now I know that I had salmon with zucchini and broccoli on the menu for tonight, but I forgot all about the asparagus that I got for part of last night's meal.  So tonight I made the Brown Sugar Salmon with grilled asparagus.  

Today is the first day of many where it will be over 90 degrees.  No way am I cooking inside!  I put my salmon and asparagus on the grill at about 350 degrees for almost 15 minutes and dinner was done!  The best part about grilling is that there is very little mess to clean up afterwards.

Grilled Asparagus
Snap the ends off the asparagus.  Lay asparagus over foil.  Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Grilled over medium heat for 10-15 minutes.

Brown Sugar Salmon
Top salmon with the zest of one lemon, salt and pepper.  I've made this with lime zest before and it was just as yummy.  Any citrus zest would go well with salmon.
Sprinkle brown sugar over the top of the salmon.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.  The brown sugar will melt into a glaze.
Grill on foil over medium heat for about 15 minutes.

Happy Cooking!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment