June 25, 2012

Cilantro Quinoa Salad with Tuna

The hubby and I just got back from a trip to Nebraska for his family reunion.  Needless to say I am behind in my weekly meal planning.  Tomorrow is my birthday (yay!) and we are going out to dinner.  I promise that I'll post my meal plan later this week.

In the meantime, here is another quick and easy quinoa salad recipe.  I originally made this with tiny pasta but I decided to try it with quinoa after my quinoa salad last week.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup dry quinoa
  • 1 Sweet bell pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 Red onion, chopped
  • 1 Cucumber, peeled and chopped
  • 1 handful fresh cilantro, chopped
  • Ranch dressing
  • 1 can of tuna fish, drained
Preparation
Cook the quinoa according to the directions.  Quinoa is made just like rice in a 1 part dry quinoa to 2 parts water or chicken broth.  You can either make the quinoa the day before and refrigerate it or run it under cold water after it is cooked to cool it down quicker.
Chop up all of your veggies and cilantro into whatever size piece you like.   Mix together your veggies, quinoa, tuna and enough ranch dressing to coat everything and you're done!

Keep refrigerated and serve cold.  Makes 4 servings.

Happy Cooking!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment