June 27, 2012

Week of June 25, 2012

This week is another short week for us.  We flew home from Nebraska on Monday so Monday night was one of those grab-whatever-you-can-find-that-counts-as-dinner nights.  Last night the hubby took me out for a nice dinner for my birthday.  I had sea bass with a lemon butter sauce that was delicious!  I'm definitely going to figure out a way to recreate the recipe at home!

My inspiration for this week is my vegetable garden.  This year we planted a little bit of everything and last night we had our first "harvest".  So far this week I have 2 zucchini, 2 cucumbers, a small head of broccoli, an eggplant, a tiny bell pepper and some lettuce to use.

Wednesday:  Grilled steak with Mediterranean Grilled Vegetables
Thursday:  Brown sugar salmon with zucchini & broccoli
Friday:  Grilled chicken with salad

Not a super exciting menu planned this week but I'm looking forward to all of the fresh veggies!  I have a really easy steak marinade that I'll share with you too.  It gives the meat a lot of flavor quickly.

Lemon balm & rosemary
 Earthtainers
Grapes
 Zucchini
 Lettuce
 Squash
 Garden in the front yard with butternut squash, musk melon, ghost peppers, strawberries and cucumbers

What's on the menu at your house this week?

Happy Cooking!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment