June 19, 2012

Week of June 18, 2012

How did I plan my meals for this week?

This week is a short week for me because the hubby and I have plans for later in the week.  With Father's Day on Sunday, that means that I only had to plan 3 dinners:  Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
Monday:  Cilantro Quinoa Salad with Tuna

After my Quinoa Salad post on Sunday I was really craving quinoa.  I took a recipe that I made for pasta salad awhile ago and replaced the pasta with quinoa for dinner on Monday night.  Over the weekend I got my new Cooking Light magazine and that gave me my inspiration for Tuesday and Wednesday.  Tuesday and Wednesday I'm going to tweak the recipes some so I'll share my changes later this week.

Last night I made the salsa for the salmon recipe so that tonight all I have to do is grill the salmon and cook the farro.  Any thing you can prep ahead of time is a huge time saver later in the week. 

Luckily I had a lot of the ingredients already along with chicken and salmon in the freezer.  Grocery shopping only took me about 10 minutes because all I needed was fresh vegetables.  Having a well stocked pantry and freezer cuts down on both trips to the grocery store and time spent shopping.

What's on the menu at your house this week?

Happy Cooking!
Jenny

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are fancy dinners. I don't even know what farro is! We did spaghetti last night and have chicken ceasar salad, quiche with corn and bell peppers, foil pack chicken fajitas, lasagna cupcakes and stuffed cabbage down for the rest of the week. And I'm trying to find a good cheese enchilada recipe but not sure I'm having much luck. I am determined to be better about cooking -- hope this first week of it sets me out on the right foot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just because it sounds fancy doesn't mean that it's not an easy recipe! I'll show you how I cheat with fancy recipes and I have a few enchilada recipes that I'll put up soon. I'm so glad I've inspired you!!

      Delete
  2. BTW, Anonymous is Liz Viernes :)

    ReplyDelete